Training is still one of those all important areas that companies and the government are investing in. There are still high demands for freelance and full-time vocational assessors across the UK with various fields of expertise. The assessor course is for you if you’re experienced in a particular subject area and you want to be able to use your knowledge and expertise to assess others taking qualifications in a similar field. To become an assessor, you do not need to have undertaken any previous NVQ or QCF qualifications – we will show you everything you need to know!
EM Skills offers the following qualifications:
- Level Four Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment
- Level Four Award in Assessing Vocational Related Achievement
- Level Four Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (All Units)
Who is the course for?
- The course is suitable for those who work, or intend to work, as:
- Teachers/Assessors in adult and community education.
- Teachers/Trainers/Assessors in the voluntary sector.
- Training personnel in commerce, industry, the public sector or HM Forces.
- Technicians and support staff in further and adult education.
What is the course aim?
The participants will develop their knowledge and understanding of the role of an assessor, and be competent to assess.
What are the course objectives?
As a result of attending the course participants will be able to:
- Apply for assessor posts with providers in the post 16 education and training sector.
Level 4 Awards and Certificates in Assessment
As long as required
City and Guilds / NOCN
Free if you live in Essex
How You Will Benefit
- By having access to tools and strategies to improve and assist in the teaching of English.
- By achieving a nationally recognised qualification.
- Being able to apply for English specialist positions in post 16 education and training.
The Awards are made up of units:
- Understanding the principles and practices of assessment (Theory)
- Assess occupational competence in the workplace (Practical)
- Assess vocational skills, knowledge and understanding (Practical)
It is expected that applicants will have at least a Level 2 qualification in both English and Maths.
The course will be delivered as an initial full-day workshop followed by an assessor supported practical activity. You will be assessed with short answer questions and observed practical assessments.
The course is also offered as an in-house provision.
An Initial assessment to establish existing English and Maths skills, with associated actions to improve.
L4 Awards are £400 per person
L4 Certificate is £700 per person
Discounts are available for multiple bookings from one organisation