The Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training is designed for those working or wishing to work as teachers/trainers in England. All trainees, whether pre-service or in-service must have access to at least 30 hours of teaching agreed prior to gaining a place on the course. Trainees who successfully complete this qualification will have a fundamental understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a teacher/trainer in relation to legislation, equality, diversity, inclusivity and meeting the needs of learners. They will be able to use initial and diagnostic assessments and plan and deliver inclusive teaching and learning. They will also be able to assess learning and use appropriate resources to support effective learning.
Who is the course for?
- Practitioners who have a current teaching role and wish to develop and expand their skills
- Those who wish to become teachers in the future.
What is the course aim?
To broaden the skills of existing practitioners and support those who are wishing to enter the teaching profession.
What are the course objectives?
As a result of attending the course participants will be able to:
- Undertake and evaluate the results of initial and diagnostic assessment.
- Develop own teaching resources.
- Embed English and Mathematics skills into vocational teaching programmes.
- Plan and deliver structured and imaginative lessons.
- Practice teaching techniques in a secure environment.
- Evaluate their own performance.
Level 4 Education and Training
As long as required
City & Guilds
In-House provision / Blended Learning (Workshop and Self-Directed study)
Candidates should be qualified/ experienced in the subject they intend to teach, have access to 30 teaching practice hours and possess reasonable levels of language, literacy and numeracy.
– EM Skills will work with trainees to find a suitable placement if required.
All trainee teachers joining this qualification programme should undertake an initial assessment of skills in English, Mathematics and ICT. They should record their development needs and agree on an action plan. You will need to attend an interview to confirm your suitability for the course before you are invited to enrol.
This course is delivered either as:
- An In-House provision
- Blended Learning (Workshop and Self-Directed study)
Cost: £700 per person
An Advanced Learner Loan is available to support this qualification
Discounts are available for multiple bookings from one organisation