Training is still a key area that companies and the government are continuously investing in. There are still high demands for freelance and full-time vocational assessors across the UK. This assessor course is for you if you’re experienced in a particular subject area and you want to use said expertise to assess others taking similar qualifications. To become an assessor, you do not need to have undertaken any previous NVQ or QCF qualifications – we will show you everything you need to know!
EM Skills offers the following qualifications:
- Level Three Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment
- Level Three Award in Assessing Vocational Related Achievement
- Level Three Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (All 3 Units)
Who is the course for?
- The course is suitable for those who work, or intend to work, as:
- Teachers/Assessors in adult and community education
- Teachers/Trainers/Assessors in the voluntary sector
- Training personnel in commerce, industry, the public sector or HM Forces
- Technicians and support staff in further and adult education
What is the course aim?
The participants will develop their knowledge and understanding of the role of an assessor, and be competent to assess.
What are the course objectives?
By the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Apply for assessor posts with providers in the post 16 education and training sector
- Progress to the Level 4 Internal Quality Assurance qualification
Level 3 Awards and Certificates in Assessment
As long as required
City and Guilds / NOCN
Free if you live in Hertfordshire, Coast to Capital or the Black Country Regions
How You Will Benefit
- By having access to tools and strategies to improve and assist in the teaching of English.
- By achieving a nationally recognised qualification.
- Being able to apply for English specialist positions in post 16 education and training.
The Awards are made up of 2 or 3 units:
- Understanding the principles and practices of assessment (Theory)
- Assess occupational competence in the workplace (Practical)
- Assess vocational skills, knowledge and understanding (Practical)
The course will be delivered as an initial full-day workshop followed by a practical activity supported by an assessor. You will be assessed by short answer questions and observed practical assessments.
The course is also offered as an in-house provision.
It is expected that applicants will have at least Level 2 Qualifications in both English and Mathematics.
Initial assessment to establish English and Maths skills, with associated actions to improve.
L3 Awards: £400 per person.
L3 Certificate: £700 per person.
Discounts are available for multiple bookings from one organisation