The Level Three Award in Education and Training is an introductory teaching qualification which has a micro teaching practice requirement. It is designed for those working or wishing to work as teachers/trainers in England. It is a nationally recognised Ofqual approved qualification.
Who is the course for?
The award is suitable for those who work, or intend to work, as:
- Teachers in adult and community education
- Teachers or trainers in the voluntary sector
- Training personnel in commerce, industry, the public sector or HM Forces
- Technicians and support staff in further and adult education
What is the course aim?
The participants will develop their knowledge and understanding of the role of a tutor in education and training and be given the opportunity to practise teaching in a secure environment.
Level 3 Award in Education and Training
As long as required
City & Guilds
In-house / blended learning
What You Will Learn
Assignments are designed to support teaching English. They include:
- Research into effective teaching of English
- Developing own English teaching resources
- Analysing the English language
- Enhancing own writing, presentation and reading skills
How You Will Benefit
- By having access to tools and strategies to improve and assist in the teaching of English.
- By achieving a nationally recognised qualification.
- Being able to apply for English specialist positions in post 16 education and training.
This course is offered:
- Blended learning. Two-day workshop and independent self-directed study
The course is made up of three units.
- Unit A looks at the role and responsibilities of a trainer/teacher and investigates the skills required to create an effective learning environment.
- Unit B is largely practical and each learner is required to plan, deliver and evaluate their own 15-30 minute micro-teach on a subject of their choice. It focuses on the importance of an inclusive learning environment, meeting individual learning needs.
- Unit C investigates the different types of assessment within teaching and how assessment is a pivotal element of successful delivery.
There will be online access to a tutor throughout. Participants will be expected to undertake further study outside of the workshop time to complete the course assignments.
It is expected that applicants will have level two (or above) qualifications in English and mathematics.
- Initial assessment to establish English and maths skills, with associated actions to improve.
- Reading and preparation for the micro teach.
- Self-directed study for the Unit 6 assessment.