The Level Three Award in Education and Training is an introductory teaching qualification which has a microteaching practice requirement. It is designed for those working or wishing to work as teachers/trainers in England. It is a nationally recognised, Ofqual approved qualification.
Who is the course for?
The award is suitable for those who work, or intend to work, as:
- Teachers in adult and community education
- Teachers or trainers in the voluntary sector
- Training personnel in commerce, industry, the public sector or HM Forces
- Technicians and support staff in further and adult education
What is the course aim?
The participants will develop their knowledge and understanding of the role of a tutor in education and training. They will also be given the opportunity to practise teaching in a secure environment.
Level 3 Award in Education and Training
As long as required
City & Guilds
In-House / Blended Learning
What You Will Learn
Assignments are designed to support teaching English. They include:
- Research into effective teaching of English
- Developing your own English teaching resources
- Analysing the English language
- Enhancing own writing, presentation and reading skills
How You Will Benefit
- By having access to tools and strategies to improve and assist in the teaching of English.
- By achieving a nationally recognised qualification.
- Being able to apply for English specialist positions in post 16 education and training.
This course is offered either:
- As blended learning – A two-day workshop and independent, self-directed study
The course is made up of three units.
- Unit A looks at the role and responsibilities of a trainer/teacher and investigates the skills required to create an effective learning environment.
- Unit B is largely practical and each learner is required to plan, deliver and evaluate their own 15-30 minute micro-teach on a subject of their choice. It focuses on the importance of an inclusive learning environment, meeting individual learning needs.
- Unit C investigates the different types of assessment within teaching and how assessment is a pivotal element of successful delivery.
There will be online access to a tutor throughout. Participants will be expected to undertake further study outside of the workshop time to complete the course assignments.
It is expected that applicants will have at least a Level 2 qualification in both English and Maths.
- Initial assessment to establish English and maths skills, with associated actions to improve.
- Reading and preparation for the micro-teaching.
- Self-directed study for the Unit 6 assessment.