Our Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (QCF) is the latest qualification for those wishing to become an Emergency First Aider in the workplace for the purposes of the HSE Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
The qualification is assessed via on-going oral questioning and practical demonstration. All successful students will be issued with an Emergency First Aid at Work Certificate, detailing their qualification which is valid for a period of 3 years.
Level 2 Emergency First Aid at Work
One Day Course
Who is the course for?
This course is suitable for anyone who deals with people in the workplace. This includes those in voluntary or unpaid positions. Our training courses and services are compliant with guidance criteria provided to employers by the UK HSE and in accordance with European Resuscitation Guideline protocols.
We are an approved training Highfield Centre, offering employers and organisations a level of assurance, as recognised by the HSE. Our training courses, instructors and procedures are regulated and adhere to strict requirements for the issuing of awards under the UK Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) for vocational qualifications. All our instructors have the relevant qualifications to teach and assess.
What is the course aim?
To understand the Roles and responsibilities of an Emergency First Aider, to conduct a scene survey and assess casualties.
- Unresponsive casualty
- A chocking casualty
- A bleeding casualty
- Casualties with burns
- Casulties with minor injuries
What are the course objectives?
By the end of the training session the attendees will be able to:
- Define their role as an emergency first aider.
- Describe how to minimise risks to themselves and others.
- Identify the need of establishing consent to provide first aid.
- Complete an accident report form, identify and safely use first aid equipment that should be available in the workplace.
- Conduct a scene survey, a primary assessment and call for help.
- Assess a casualty’s level of consciousness, open a casualty’s airway and check breathing.
- Explain the importance of the recovery position.
- Demonstrate how to place a casualty in the recovery position.
- Manage a casualty who is having a seizure.
- Recognise the need to commence Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Demonstrate how to administer CPR using a manikin.
- Describe how to identify and treat a choking casualty.
- Identify types of external bleeding and how to control bleeding.
- Recognise shock and how to manage a casualty who is in shock.
- Administer first aid to casualties with cuts, grazes, bruises, minor burns, scalds and small splinters
What You Will Learn
You will learn:
- The fundamentals of First Aid
- The importance of First Aid knowledge
- How to conduct procedures in different scenarios
- Vital practical and written theory in relation to saving lives
How You Will Benefit
- Participants will gain a nationally recognized qualification
- Will become a qualified L2 First Aider within your company
This course will be delivered as a one-day workshop. Courses can be delivered in-house.
This qualification is assessed by open-response worksheet and practical assessment. This model requires learners to provide a short response to questions within a worksheet as well as carry out practical activities. Successful learners will have to demonstrate knowledge and understanding across the qualification syllabus.
There are no entry requirements for this course